BATCH IS OLD, SO
Why do I use batch?
1. It's supported on all Windows Systems, no installs required, no dependencies.
2. It runs without slowing down your machine. Batch code isn't super fast, but it runs consistently without taking up your CPU, RAM, or Disk.
3. it's easy to look at and modify, easy to understand, and hard to hide what you're doing
4. it's easy to change later on and add updates.
5. it's not going anywhere. It should be in every Windows there is. There are also 3rd party programs trying to port batch into linux.